Before I share with you on how to install actions into Adobe Photoshop, you might be wondering what Photoshop actions are.
Photoshop Actions are recorded editing steps in Adobe Photoshop that are saved as an ATN file and can be installed into other users' Photoshop software (this can depend on the version of the software).
These editing steps are saved as layers where they can be adjusted to suite a wide variety of images. Photoshop actions are often confused for Presets but these two files are very different. For a more in depth look and to see the difference between an action and a preset, be sure to check out this blog post.
Here is How to Install Actions in Adobe Photoshop
Compatibility: These steps can be used to install actions into Photoshop Elements (version 11 and up), Adobe Photoshop CS5-6, and Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud.
- Open Photoshop (open an image as well)
- Go to your menu (within photoshop) and go to Windows drop down menu(located at the top)
- Scroll down to Actions and then you will have an Actions Palette window open up.
- Select the drop down menu (three little lines on the top right), select that and scroll down to Load Actions
- Load the atn files (where you saved them on your computer.)
- You should be good to go!
How to Install Presets
Are you wanting to know how to install presets (in both Lightroom and Photoshop)? Be sure to check out this blog post.
How to Install Sky Overlays
Here is a great resource on how to add skies to your images!
Are you curious how to get started with Adobe Photoshop? The majority of my editing takes place in Photoshop first and then sometimes I edit in Lightroom as well. Both of these programs are amazing and you can check them out below.
(This is an affiliate referral link)